What document do I need to submit for proof of citizenship?
Skip Navigation
GGC signature building b on a sunny day

Ask a Grizzly

What document do I need to submit for proof of citizenship?

Per Board of Regent Policy 4.3.4, Verification of Lawful Presence is required. Any student who cannot be verified using any of the following methods is ineligible to be classified as an in-state student or to receive an out-of-state tuition waiver. Positive verification does not necessarily warrant an in-state classification, only consideration for in-state classification. All students applying for in-state tuition classification must also meet the requirements outlined in BOR Policy 4.3.2, Classification of Students for Tuition Purposes. Click on the link below to view the requirement and print the Tuition Classification Petition. http://www.ggc.edu/academics/registrar/docs/tuition_petition_current.pdf Verification of Lawful Presence Methods:
  •  A Certified U.S. Birth Certificate showing the student was born in the U.S. or a U.S. territory. A photocopy provided by the student is not acceptable.
  •  A U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N-550 or N-570)
  •  A U.S. Certificate if Citizenship (USCIS form N-560 or N-561)
  •  A U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (DS-1350) or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240)
  •  A current U.S. Passport
  •  A current Driver's License/ID issued by the State of Georgia after January 1 2008. A LIMITED TERM LICENSE or PROVISIONAL DRIVER'S LICENSE- license issued for a period of less than two years is not acceptable
  •  A current military ID (service members only, not dependent) Documented using the Confirmation of Review of Military ID Worksheet - A photocopy is not acceptable
  •  A current, valid Permanent Resident Card (USCIS form I-151 or I-551)
Rating:Rating of 2.5 Stars2 Votes
Was this answer helpful?YesNo
Topic Information
  • Topic #: 28034-915
  • Date Created: 10/16/2014
  • Last Modified Since: 11/22/2017
  • Viewed: 388